Thursday, September 10, 2009

Keep Guard!

Keep your heart with all diligence,
For out of it spring the issues of life.
Proverbs 4:23



The Lord is teaching me how biased my thinking is.

The Lie: I'm being cheated out of a family.

The Truth: My daughter and my step-sons do not belong to me - they belong to Him. I have been given the oppurtunity here in this world to have a hand in raising them.

The Lie: Being a believer who seeks God's face makes me better than an ex or step parent who doesn't. (OUCH! I of course don't consciously set out to think this - but it does sneak up!)

The Truth: Our ex's deserve respect as people, His creation. They are loved by God, warts and all - just like me. I can't afford not to love them.

The Lie: What I preceive to be true must be true.

The Truth: The old adage, "Walk a mile..." yup - I never know what is going on with the ex's or step parents. It is just not right to judge the situation based on their actions alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment